Tuesday, August 21, 2007

8 Of 23: RSS Through Bloglines

OK, my public Blogline URL is here:
http://www.bloglines.com/public/mrpr-esrl

I really don't have much to say about RSS. I have a little to say about Blogline... I don't like it, it's too damn complicated for something that is much simpler in other RSS feeders I've used in the past. Also it tries to be "Web 2.0" in too many regards in that it offers a, "Hey, why don't you blog here too" feature. Yuk, I'm up to my eye balls in blogs.

Just an aside, but what happened to old school diaries? Or journals?

In my reality, I think RSS is more of a requestable add on, not something that should be a seed for other "cool(?)" Web 2.0 ideas and concepts.

Strictly speaking about RSS, I like RSS in that information can be somewhat organized and collected to calm the chaos of information overload. But on the flip side I don't like the fact of having so much access to information in that it can force me to drag myself into constant/daily information digging.

I do that already when it comes to email let alone regular work and life.

Call me lazy, but maybe I should settle for, maybe, just a few online/RSS comics or something? Or maybe limit myself to just a few sites?

Heck, if I do that though, why not just visit those sites as need be? Or add them as a feature to something I know that I'll use everyday?

Hmm, I wonder if MySpace can... Nah, too easy.

No comments: