Monday, August 20, 2007

7 Of 23: Technology I Liked This Week - Scribd

I just like it, and it seems to be perfect for 23 things, or more precisely, for a library environment.

Take a look here.

Honestly some articles can be easily found with a quick meaningful search. Unfortunately your results can produce unlawful or inappropriate results, yet at the same time it does seem to have many other things that are appropriate and useful.

I guess what you choose to do with such a tool is up to you, and I guess Scribd is a double edged sword like many unfiltered things out on the Internet for the public. Replying to Scribd's "Yes" to a "Yes/No" question, for mature content, is in reality nothing more than a click away, and I guess that means being just a click away for what you were looking for.

I wonder who decides which posted documents are or are not mature content. Maybe the poster?

Either way, we all should be careful what we ask for, especially when it comes to technology that allows public users to post documents to the same public users it serves.

Here's a link to look at for Scribd that's recent for this post.

No comments: