Monday, August 20, 2007

6 of 23: Mashups With FlickR - RetrievR

"The file 070820Mr - RetrievR screenshot" captures the RetrievR mashup results I received for the little bit of "paint brush" work I did to the left.

*You may notice the black worm-like thing to the upper middle on the left side.

I went with something random, yet I wanted black and white even though color is an obvious option, and I came up with some cool results.

Playing with it a little seems to bring up the same results except for the last image. The last image tends to be a different each time with this matching service, and that's something I can't explain right now.

But honestly, that doesn't bother me.

One of the images that is last in the list, and couldn't come back with subsequent refreshes of the page, was:


So I kept a URL of that image and thought I should post it.

This mashup is kind of cool, and something like this would be great for anyone who does any kind of 2D work and would like inspiration for a general shape or design they would like to work with.

I wish this was more of a public widget for coders, and not just a public access only widget, but maybe that's just me.

It's also worth mentioning that I found this through a simple Google search for "Flickr mashups". It lead me to a first result of Web Monkey, and I used the first link of the second page. All of the options looked cool though.

No comments: