Friday, August 31, 2007

15 Of 23: Perspectives On Web/Library 2.0 Concerning Libraries

Ok, so I looked into "To a temporary place in time..." by Dr. Wendy Schultz.

I couldn't have written something better. I've been waiting for someone ot simply come out and say here's what Library 2.0 will become, and here's where it's heading to as Library 3.0, 4.0, etc.

Well according to the doc, she thinks that certain things we are dealing with now in 2.0 are really more defined in 3.0 and 4.0.

That's cool, and she mentions a little about what she sees us going in the not to a far sci-fi future, but not too much.

I was hoping more of the sci-fi stuff, especially more on the idea of a future library being a place as a "mind gym", and really I didn't get it from this.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to stick to the virtual librarian from the movie A.I.

No comments: